Sunday, August 15, 2010

Low Carb Eggplant Parm! Too good to be true...

As my husband Randy continues to harvest his veggie garden, we have been in the possesion of some mighty fine eggplants! Look at their deep natural coloring....georgeous!


So naturally, I (automatically) began to make tray after tray of Eggplant Parmesan.... a yummy vegetarian entree (In honor of my friends Elise & Hilliary). Nevertheless, I cannot claim that my recipe was very low carb. However, low-carb IS a constant goal of mine. And who isnt working on their waistline, right?

Well, low and behold, my friend "Miss Adventures" was simultaneously concocting a LOW CARB Eggplant Parmesan recipe! Instead of bread crumbs, she substituted Almond Meal/Flour. I immediately ran out to find some, and thankfully it was available at my everyday grocer, Shop Rite!

That evening I diligently worked to prepare this low carb eggplant parmesan. My father in law Jim, (one of my best fans/critics) came over to join us for dinner.  And whadda ya know, it was a home run! 5 out of 5 loved the taste AND didn't notice the difference between the almond meal and the usual bread crumbs. Please check out the recipe at:
http://missadventuresinatinykitchen.blogspot.com/2010/08/eggplant-parmesan-low-carb.html

Thanks Miss Adventures!

The almond meal I bought was a tad bit pricey, but well worth it. With a little research you may find an less expensive brand, or even figure a way to make your own! Have fun!!  MANGIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment