Monday, August 29, 2011

NOT YOUR AVERAGE STICK OF BUTTER...



I must admit, I am a massive lover of cilantro. Plus I really enjoy the smell and taste of fresh lime too; so if you are like me, this recipe for Lime-Cilantro Butter will be RIGHT up your alley.


My friend Heather hosted a wonderful southern barbeque last month, in spite of the fact that it was raining BUCKETS that day. Her husband Jon bravely fought the elements to grill the corn outside, and then we slathered this magnificent lime-cilantro butter on it.....SOOO YUM.


I have made it a few times since then, and found that it is also a treat to spread on bread, baked potatoes, steak etc., whatever your heart desires!

Make some in advance and just keep it on hand in the fridge for an impromptu serving option. Just a smackerel of this stuff will certainly arouse one's taste buds. Verry impressive....
"Excuse me, but could you please pass the Lime-Cilantro Butter?"

SEE WHAT I MEAN??!! Anyway, here goes the easy ingredients and instructions. You too, can prepare this savory delight....

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro


You can either mix all the ingredients by hand or use a mini processor like I did.


If you would like to add some visual interest, you can form it into a creative shape using a knife, mold, etc. before chilling. But no matter how you serve it, your guests will LOVE the way it tastes! Let it get to room temperature for a few minutes before serving.


Note: You may first want to check and see if anyone you are serving is allergic to cilantro. (I know someone who is, and it aint a pretty scene) Otherwise, enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can testify to the deliciousness of this incredible butter.
    Also that is one fancy butler.

    ReplyDelete